I Heart Birmingham: Evolving Cities

Being a fashionista of the Midlands I can be regularly found perusing the shops of Wolverhampton, Merry Hill or my favourite of all, Birmingham. 

(image source here)

For as long as I can remember I have always headed on over to Birmingham when I've fancied going on a real splurge. I will never forget the day I received my first pay packet from my first proper job and being filled with excitement over getting to head into Birmingham to shop, shop, SHOP.

Back then we had none of this Grand Central or The Mailbox malarkey (well not in the way we have it now) it was such a different landscape, so getting to go back in time and see how  Birmingham has changed over the years through this Evolving Cities interactive map was really interesting and makes me even more appreciative of the bustling, vibrant city I get to hang around, shop, eat cake, and drink cocktails in.

I think I know everywhere to go in Birmingham but there are still areas even I am completely unfamiliar with, like The Jewellery Quarter and Digbeth which are both included on the map which have some really handy little pointers of where to check out which I would never have known about before. 


So if you're a Birmingham veteran, novice or total newb, I'm sure there's something that all of us can takeaway from this little helpful resource! 

If I was to include three of my own Birmingham heads ups and places to go they would be: 

Go for the best breakfast ever at Cherry Reds on John Bright Street.

If you're looking for fancy, bespoke cocktails or fabulous afternoon tea, head out to The Edgebaston.

And for a night in front of a great film with a glass of wine and a handmade slice of cake then The Electric Cinema is a must visit! 

*This post was in collaboration with Travelodge; all words, thoughts and opinions are my own.

Labels: , , ,