Bra-Humbug! Bra Blasts From The Past: Simply Be

Being a child of the 90's an era that was all about *THAT* Calvin Klein-esque bralet, that '...thong, th, thong, thong, thong' and a trend of underwear labels riding above the top of your jeans I couldn't be happier that I now live in a time where big high waisted knickers are as trendy and readily available as the itsy, bitsy teeny weeny triangle bra. 


Being a girly of ample proportions I personally like to have my boobs and curves lifted, shaped and supported and that would be virtually impossible in an 80's style G-string and crop top or Madonna inspired conical breasticle apparatus. 


When it comes to lingerie trends my faves definitely have to lie in the comfort, support and curve enhancing styles of 50's pin-up big knickers, waist cinchers, girdles and longline bras that hoist my girls up and proudly display them. For a size 24 girl who likes to enhance certain assets in a deep plunging neckline I need my underwear to sculpt my lumps and bumps, pull bits in and push other bits up and out (that's just how I personally like my undies to work for me). 


As times change, trends change and underwear is no exception to the ever changing landscape of fashion. Whether you like to enhance, minimise or just give your boobies a good old of support check out Simply Be's guide to underwear styles of the past which are still firm favourites of our lingerie present

*Post in collaboration with Simply Be, all words, opinions and reviews remain my own

Labels: , , , ,