Sequins & Shapewear! It's All In The Detail: Kaleidoscope

plus size sequin dress

So, the guys over at Kaleidoscope asked me if I'd like to take part in their #AllInTheDetail blogger campaign, where myself and some other lovelies had a piece from the Kaleidoscope partywear range and combined it with the perfect piece of shapewear to create a party look where all those little details that we usually obsess over are covered!

I've never worn anything from Kaleidoscope before and when I initially received the email asking if I'd like to take part I was a bit worried that there wouldn't be anything to fit me. Their plus size offerings are limited, especially in their partywear which only currently extends to a size 24 but there are some real gems of pieces amongst their items and I requested a very, super sparkly sequin number in a size 24 that I was hoping and praying would fit me. To go underneath this very fitted dress I asked for the Miss Mary of Sweden Firm Control All Over Shaper from the Kaleidoscope shapewear range also in a size 24. 

plus size shapewear

I'm gonna level with you, I know shapewear is far from the most lust worthy of undergarments but sometimes you just gotta rock those sucky in pants! Am I right? I personally don't believe in wearing shapewear to make you look a smaller size as I'm totally OK with what size I am and that I'm gonna look fat no matter what I wear; however I do like to add shapewear to get rid of 'VBO' (visible belly outline as that's one thing I'm not comfortable with) and to help create the perfect silhouette underneath very fitted dresses. Also a little added bonus with this particular pair of really big knickers is that they're great for combating the ever dreaded 'chub rub' as they come right down to my mid thigh so my chunky thighs glide past each other whilst throwing down my best shapes on the dancefloor.

When my items arrived I was nervous that they weren't going to fit, especially the knickers as they were so tight, but I was reassured by the note that came with them that encouraged me to persist even when it seemed like those bad boys weren't going to allow me to pull them up any further than my knees! Once I'd finally wriggled myself into the knickers I excitedly pulled on that bedazzled sequin dress and 'TA DAAAAAA' I became a shiny, disco ball , no, no, that's wrong, I actually became a plus size girl, in super tight knickers, rockin' an amazing sequin dress who looked a bit like this...

plus size sequin dress

plus size blogger 

plus size partywear

THIS. DRESS. IS. AMAZING! That is all! It is sparkly, it's in your face, it's fitted, it's just everything; however if it wasn't for the knickers I honesty wouldn't have felt half as confident in it as I do. I say it regularly on here but I'm always a little bit scared of bodycons and really fitted dresses as I am very conscious of my tummy, and you know what? That's OK! We're all only human and we all have hangups and are allowed to have hang ups, just don't let them stop you wearing that amazing dress or dancing and having a great time at a party you've been secretly excited about for ages! If wearing a some mega suped  up Lycra knickers means I will wear this dress over not wearing it then I am all about those Bridget Jones panites, BRING THEM ON!!!

silver sequin dress 

*Post in collaboration with Kaleidoscope, all views and opinions are my own.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,