Gothic Glamour, Leather & Lace: Persona by Marina Rinaldi, Zizzi & Navabi

Some of my most favourite outfits are ones I've thrown together purely by chance and others are ones that I think and dream about for ages before I actually acquire them. This one is definitely of the latter. 

I had wanted to pull together a 'Victoriana' style outfit for a while. All those dark gothic fabrics, the detailing and the drama of a look like this just gives me all the feels. I had been scouring the internet for some time looking for my perfect midi skirt and items to wear it with and finally struck gold with Premium Plus Size retailer, Navabi and got my hands on this (now sold out) utterly perfect Persona by Marina Rinaldi (p)leather skirt and Zizzi lace top.



Sheer Lace Top*
Imitation Leather Skirt (Similar Here)
Wide Fit Strappy Sandals (Similar Here)
Red Clutch (Similar Here)
Statement Necklace (Similar Here)

I've never worn either of these brands before and I have to admit I am blown away by the quality and detail that they boast. I will be the first to admit that I'm not very forthcoming with wanting to drop a load of money on one item, I'm greedy and more often than not will try and get quantity over quality of items; however when it comes to pieces like this I can certainly see the benefit of buying statement pieces that will last for a long time. I spend of a lot of money on fast fashion, throw away pieces that I'll probably wear a handful of times before I discard them but getting to own, wear and love really beautiful items like these really excites me. I'm already planning the ways I'm going to wear them again.

 
Whilst we're on the subject of Navabi, I have been nominated in their 2015 Curvy Blog Awards and if you like reading my little blog I would be thrilled if you popped along and dropped me a vote. The competition is seriously tough and a little hobby blogger like me has no chance of winning but I've gotta try! Click HERE to vote (and thank you!).

(Apologies for the poor quality pics in this post! I had forgotten to take my good camera out with me!)

*Denotes Gifted Item

Labels: , , , , , , ,