An Autumn Dressing Down: Plus Size Outfit: Kiyonna Style From Curvety


Hi All!

It's been a short while I know and I'm not going to lie, my posts over the next few weeks may be a little sporadic but I'm still around. 

I currently have an amazing blog redesign going on in the background, preparing for my birthday and getting ready for an amazing trip to New York to see one of my absolute best friends get married in Central Park, so life is pretty busy but I'll try keep you all updated as and when. 

In the mean time I've been lucky enough to receive a beauty of a LBD (Little Black Dress) from the lovelies over at Curvety that I really wanted to get dressed up/down in and show you.



I find when it comes to little black dresses I always want to dress them up for 'going out out' or for occasion wear so with this one I wanted to challenge myself to make an outfit out of it that I could wear for every day to make my wardrobe feel a little bit more versatile. I'm very guilty of wearing items of clothing in the same way and not being able to see them in different scenarios and in an effort to save a bit of my cash (to fritter away in Manhattan instead) I'm trying to be a bit more savvy with my clothes and what I'm buying. 

So, seems as though my favourite time of the year, Autumn, is now nipping at our heels and I made a fabulous new coat purchase just yesterday, it was only right that I turned my little black dress into an ensemble to flounce about in Autumn leaves in and here's what I threw together...





 Black Sweetheart Knit Wrap Dress*
Aztec Print Waterfall Jacket
Tan Fringe Bag (Similar)
Floppy Wool Hat (Similar)
Tan Cut Out Boots (Similar)

This black Sweetheart Knit Wrap Dress by Kiyonna is a beauty of an LBD that fits the curves of a plus size girly tremendously. It comes in a thick material that hangs beautifully and wraps to suit your waistline and lets be fair that neckline makes the boobies look AMAZING! Yes these dresses are a little bit more expensive than you're average New Look or Yours Clothing number but you can feel the quality. I am wearing a size 3 in this picture but could have easily sized down once maybe twice as they are very generous. Also let's just take a moment to worship this awesome Aztec Waterfall Jacket from George, yes? I was having a mooch instore yesterday and spotted it straight away, I tried to walk away but it just kept calling me back and before I knew it I was checking it out. This jacket is going to be worn to death this season. It's unfortunately currently out of stock online but I bet you can definitely find one in your local George section (if it helps I'm wearing a UK size 22).


If you haven't shopped with Curvety before they're a great destination for picking up beautiful dresses from American brands such as Kiyonna, Igigi and MYNT 1792 amongst items of their own label. If you're looking for quality pieces that you're happy to spend a little bit more on than your usual fast fashion items then I'd definitely suggest popping along to check them out. 


*Denotes Gifted Item

Labels: , , , , , ,