Adding a Touch of Balsamik: Plus Size Outfit


It's so nice to get to grips with brands you've never tried or experienced before and have another destination to shop online, so when online retailer Balsamik recently contacted me and asked if I'd like to try out a few of their items I was interested to see what they had to offer. 

As I scrolled through their website I found lots of chic, easy to wear pieces. Classic combinations and cuts, easy to wear prints and items perfect for layering. Balsamik boasts a great online selection of outfit building staple items that any wardrobe would be happy to have within it.

One of the first items that really pulled me in was a piece that I've already featured on here a number of times. The faux leather blouson jacket has been worn constantly since I received it as the fit is so perfect! As soon as my package arrived I pulled it out and flounced straight out the door, I just couldn't wait to wear it (see me wearing it in other outfit posts here and here).

The other items I picked from Balsamik are all really easy to wear, versatile pieces. I've been after a khaki shirt dress for ages and this one has some really lovely detailing to it, small little touches like gold beading around the seams and POCKETS!!!! I do love a pockets on dress, I'm so easily pleased...



  Faux Leather Blouson Jacket
Button-Through Shirt Dress
Fringed Bucket Bag
Multi- Strand Necklace
Tan Cut Out Boots - Old (Primark)

I'm wearing a size '54' in the jacket and the dress which is the equivalent to a UK size 26. If you order from Balsamik please check the sizing. I always make sure I check the size charts with brands I'm not familiar with as unfortunately clothing sizes aren't consistent across the board and I suppose it saves being disappointed when something turns up and it's a completely different size to what you were expecting. My tip for this is check the size chart against the size chart of a brand that you do wear often and know your size with to see how the measurements stack up against each other so you can determine what is the best size for you to order, that's how I usually navigate through the sizing of different brands. 

I must admit I'm really impressed with the quality versus price point with Balsamik, I said this in my last post that featured this jacket but it's currently retailing for a bargain £28!!!! That is such a steal for a well made piece that you're going to wear for ages. The price range overall at Balsamik is pretty good and delivery to the UK is only £3.95 so it's hardly going to break the bank.

When I'm on the hunt for Autumn/Winter wardrobe pieces I shall definitely be shopping with these guys I imagine they're going to have some great layering pieces for the cooler months.


Labels: , , , , , , ,