Miss Naomi Of Wonderland: Plus Size Fancy Dress


Loves,

I say this often, maybe too often but you all know by now I LOVE FANCY DRESS! Getting done up in something totally ridiculous honestly makes me so happy. The makeup, the outfit and the attitude a costume can bring, is all just so much fun for me. What's not fun though? The sheer lack of plus size fancy dress costumes available.

I recently went on my annual pilgrimage to a Butlins Big Weekend (90's Reloaded in Minehead, were you there?) and of course another year of Butlins meant another fancy dress costume. The theme chosen this year was 'Something with the first initial of your name' so for me that would be 'N'; however I kinda bent the rules a little. 

Plus Size Lingerie Boutique contacted me recently and asked if I'd like to try out one of their costumes from their range, knowing that I had Butlins coming up I couldn't refuse; this is where the rule bending came in. I've always, always, ALWAYS (did you get that? ALWAYS!) wanted to wear a cutesy Alice in Wonderland type costume and when I saw that they had a Plus Size Miss Wonderland costume my choice was made, working in line with the theme (kind of) I would become  'Miss Naomi of Wonderland'. 

 
I opted for the costume in a 3X-4X which according to the size chart is suitable for a US 22-26; however looking at the measurements next to that size they seemed a little small so I was very concerned that the costume wouldn't fit me when it arrived.



Plus Size Miss Wonderland Costume*
White Tights
Black Platform Sandals (Similar Here)

Luckily the costume arrived and it does contain some stretch which assisted with fit really well. I wear around a UK 24-26 at the moment and this fitted me comfortably, I would even suggest if you are more a UK 26-28 you could probably get away with this so it's worth giving a try. 



I felt every bit the whimsical, fairytale girl in this outfit and got so many compliments on my costume. I pulled it together with a pair of white tights that I picked up from eBay (the eBay shop I've linked above is THE best place for cheap plus size tights online), a little bow headband that I made myself from a few bits and bobs lying around and a strong red lip. I then had a fabulous night dancing to the 90's. If you're looking for a plus size costume then it's worth checking out Plus Size Lingerie Boutique, especially if you're in the US, if you're in the UK shipping could be expensive but still worth a nosy.


*Denotes gifted item

Labels: , , , , , , , ,