Style Plus Comfort : Plus Size Skinny Jeans : Outfit Inspo


  
About 2 years ago I hardly ever shopped at Evans my wardrobe was probably 95% made up of every other plus size brand of clothing out there, fast forward a couple of years and I'm pretty sure that I now buy more Evans clothing than I do any other brand. 

The selling point for me with them just lately? The fit! I've realised as I've gotten older that I want my clothes to fit well, anyone can churn out a few dresses in a larger size cheaply but how many places actually care about how these things fit? I have been banging on about the Evans Ultra Stretch Skinny Jeans for a few months now and I'm not going to stop anytime soon. The fit on these jeans is just incredible, they don't lose their shape after a few wears and you can buy them in varying leg lengths, for a short fatty like me that's pretty damn important.

Before these I had never owned skinny jeans because I just couldn't get the fit right, they would either be too big around my ankle or they would fit my ankle but be all baggy around my bum, with these I get none of that. Perfect!


I did attack this particular pair of skinnies with some scissors and a cheese grater (thanks for the tip Callie) as I really wanted ripped jeans for that edgy look and it works really well! I now wear them to death. They go with heels, with trainers, with sandals, with EVERYTHING, but this time I just decided to pair them with this amazing white blazer jacket which is also from Evans (it was so nice to get a plus size blazer which didn't have that bloody 'waterfall' cut at the front) , the platform heels of dreams and a black top for a really casual but glam 'going out out' outfit.


 
 White/Ivory Blazer
Black Skinny Jeans
Wrap Style Peplum Top
Black Platform Heels (similar here)
Black Clutch (similar here)
Statement Necklace (similar here)
 
It's so good to see the brand really working hard to give us fashion forward, stylish pieces. Less fast fashion and stylish pieces you will wear time and time again. You can definitely see how the brand is trying to evolve. They aren't perfect but they are definitely heading in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. There are a large number of plus size brands that offer us cheap, fast fashion but we need more that offer quality, fit and style and I think Evans are finally nailing what they are really good at. Oh and have you seen their recent 'Design Collective' pieces? WOW!

 

What do you think?

Labels: , , , , , , ,