Look Magazine for Simply Be: Outfit

So,

I'm sure you all know by now that British fashion mag Look has collaborated with plus size retailer Simply Be to create a brand new plus size capsule collection.

I was fortunate enough to be invited along to a sneaky peak at the range at a top secret swanky dinner in Covent Garden in London a couple of weeks ago. I knew before I arrived that the range was only going to be available in UK sizes 12-26 which of course is disappointing for us larger than that spectrum as Simply Be usually does so well at being inclusive of us all with it's very broad size range, however, who knows what the future may bring (fingers crossed)!

We were all kindly gifted a piece to show our lovely readers, I knew I was going to have to choose wisely as being a UK size 30 would make it difficult to just make something from the collection work. I ended up opting for the Denim Parka Jacket in a size 26 and even though I am unable to fasten it up, I am still able to wear it thrown over outfits as a nice cover up in this sunny yet showery weather, a bit like a denim shirt with it's rolled up sleeves and light denim feel.

I'm all about casual at the moment, minimum effort, maximum comfort whilst still trying to look reasonably put together so due to the little pops of neon green in this jacket I went for an all black silhouette with bright accents all around...





 Denim Parka - Look Magazine for Simply Be
Ikat Print Scarf - Castaluna (old)
Black Swing Vest - ASOS Curve (old)
Black Peg Trousers - ASOS Curve
Neon Pumps - H&M

If you're a larger fatty like me and aren't so worried about having to do the jacket up then definitely give it a try, one of my absolute favourite items of clothing that I own is an old size 26 New Look Inspire bleached denim shirt that I can't button up but it's still perfect to wear over the top of outfits, every summer it's worn to death!

Overall, I'd say the collection is a nice start but I defintely think it's got room for growth and and I await some real showstoppers from it in the future, let's see what next season brings us!  


Anyway, what do you think of the collection?



Labels: , , , , , ,