Big Hair & Custom Florals: Outfit and Review

 
Happy Easter My Loves!
 
Dropping in to show you my beautiful Polka Dot Polly, custom made vintage style dress.
 
I was out having many drinks and an absolutely smashing time at Club Indulge on Saturday night and I had planned on wearing a Pink Clove skater dress that I'd ordered especially but it didn't turn up so I packed a few options in my case, headed on down to London and finally decided to give my new floral 50's style number it's first outing.
 
Armed with my lace bunny ears, red lippy and a new half wig from Wonderland Wigs I got myself glammed up for a fab night...
 
 
Floral Print 50's Style Dress (Bodice Style, Betsy) - Polka Dot Polly
Black Wedges - New Look (old)
Lace Bunny Ears - eBay
 
I'd always wanted to try a custom made dress and after seeing Lucia in hers I whipped out my credit card and was soon entering my deets into Polly's site.There are very limited styles available in the much larger measurements like mine (I think I ordered about a 56 inch bust) which is a shame but it's still nice to be able to get something made especially to fit me. The material of this dress has a little stretch in it which luckily works perfectly as I think I underestimated my measurements a bit so it's a little snug. As part of a special offer Polka Dot Polly were doing when I ordered my dress I was sent a free dress of the same style and measurements but just in a different fabric. The free dress came in a gorgeous bright pink flamingo fabric but unfortunately as the material of that dress has no stretch I'm struggling to get it over my boobs! I'm going to have to look into getting it altered because it's too pretty not to be worn.
 
I've also been enjoying my au naturel hair of recent. I'm free of weaved extensions and I'm in good hair space so have decided against having them put back in for a while; however, being a mega girly girl I enjoy getting full on glam and part of that for me at times is BIG HAIR so I decided to treat myself to another half wig from Wonderland Wigs just so I can play with my look for nights out and special occasions without the need for weaving or bonding etc etc.
 
Invisi Weave Heat Resistant Half Wig - Wonderland Wigs
 
This time I went for a more natural looking hair piece in a super, duper high heat resistant synthetic hair. I just can't believe this hair is synthetic, you just can't tell at all and the fact that it works with styling tools that work on temperatures up to 230 degree's, like GHD's is just amazing! I can style it just like I'd style my own hair or human hair extensions without any worries. I've curled it and straightened it a number of times already and it's still in tip top condition. Highly recommend!
 
What do you think of custom dresses?  Have you ever bought one? Would you ever? Also, how do you feel about hair pieces and hair extensions? Yay or nay? Lemme know!
 
BIG LOVE
XOXOXOX

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,