My Health, My Business!

Where do I start?

My, my, my those Daily Mail readers are an interesting bunch aren't they? They'd have you believe that they are all absolute visions of health, obviously all non smoking, non drinking, people with absolutely no problems or vices with perfect BMI's! How do you guys do it all and still have time to trawl through Daily Mail articles and heckle other real life, living human beings about how they look and live their lives?!

Where has this come from Naomi I will hear some of you say? Well, the good old Daily Fail decided to run an article on plus size women. It featured 5 women between a UK size 16-22, styled up, looking fabulous and talking about how they have accepted themselves as plus size women and are happy as they are. Click here to read the article. One of the women featured is a very close friend of mine, I have spoken about Lorna on here many times. She is a gorgeous girl with bags of positivity and confidence all packaged up in a perfectly plus sized body which she loves! She had mentioned to me a few months ago that she had taken part in the article, amongst the excitement there was the worry. Being plus sized women we are well aware of the bad rep we get, it is VERY rare to ever see anything written about being plus size or fat without it being full of the usual crap. Yeh, you know what I am talking about ladies.

Surprisingly I didn't think the article was bad at all. I have seen much, much worse written about us plus sized girlies! But I made that age old mistake of reading the comments section and this is what brings me on to my point.

Time and time again, whenever there is an article written about fat or plus size or positive body image etc, etc it always brings out the trolls! I am always in absolute disbelief at how vile some of these self-righteous arseholes can be about other humans. So, I just wanted to clarify a few things about being fat that I think some of these cock-knockers miss:


1. Contrary to popular belief, I am fat and shock, shock horror, I work! I pay my taxes, I do my bit and I am more than entitled to the benefits of society that everybody else has. Being fat does not mean that I am sat at home, watching Jezza Kyle claiming benefits and cooking Iceland crap in my deep-fat fryer! It also doesn't mean that I should be expected to sit in my house and never darken society with my presence. Many of you believe even plus size clothing stores should be closed down so that ladies like myself shouldn't even be able to access clothing, I mean that is just ludacris? I honestly believe some of you would rather have a society full of junkies then anybody be larger than the 'norm'. Since when did being fat become a crime? Where people should be shunned and outcast if they do not instantly want to hit the latest faddy diet? I despair!


2. I am not here to promote obesity as a lifestyle choice. I am here because as you can all see, I am a fat girl, I have been fat for as long as I can remember. I have dieted, I have yo-yo'ed, I have hated myself and you know what, right now I feel good about myself (No believe it or not I am not in denial!). I get so upset seeing women constantly feeling bad about themselves because they do not look how society would expect them too. I am here to hopefully inspire other women of all shapes and sizes that no matter what size you are, small, medium large, XXXXXLarge that feeling good is allowed no matter what and we should never let anybody dictate to us how we should feel about OUR bodies! We are allowed to have a voice and a platform and my god I am going to have one! I live a life as a fat person, however you all live your lives is up to you. Live and let live in my opinion!


3. My health, my business! I am sick to death of all of this 'Oh you are fat so you MUST be unhealthy, you are most certainly going to keel over and die of heart disease any second now!' Are you my doctor? Are you even a health proffessional? Just because fat is visably there for all to see, it does not mean that you have the right to judge anybodies health based on how they physically look! Lets be fair, you don't give a shit about the health of these people, you just want to put your oar in and have a dig. Do you do it to every smoker you see on a street corner or every drinker you see in a pub? I am guessing not because you sit at home hiding behind your internet connections, and to be fair if you did you obviously have far too much time on your hands! Get a life! Look after your own health and I'll look after mine!

I honestly just do not understand why people think it is acceptable to treat other people the way that they do. I actually pity you, why don't you go out and exercise that grey matter in a much more productive way? Do you talk to the fat people in your life the way you viciously attack these ones through a computer? If so, you must be very unpopular. I think people forget that these people featured in these articles are real, they have real feelings and real lives and feel just like you do. How would you feel if one of those people was your mum, sister, aunty, grandma?

Anyway, I am ranting now and I need to step away! So, in an effort to break the bad atmosphere here are a few pics of my birthday night out wearing my fave Evans leopard print shirt!





Anyway, I'm off to Euston to get my train home and encroach on some fat haters seat space or something like that! Remember people, be good to each other, live and let live. We are all human and we are all entitled to life no matter what size we are! Never be scared to be who you are!


BIG LOVE

XOXOX

Labels: , , ,